June 1, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!  First of all let me introduce myself; My name is Andrew.  I'm currently a high-school student who would much rather be tramping through Middle-earth than trudging through the murky swamps of high school academia. ;-)  (School isn't all bad though, I quite enjoy history.)  Besides that I'm also an avid musician who has been playing the violin since I was four.  Some of you will also know me through Animato Studios, a title under which my siblings and I produce LEGO stop-motion videos (also known as brickfilms).

My nudge out the door came the Christmas after I turned 12 when I was given a copy of The Hobbit.  The following year I received The Lord of the Rings and devoured it within two months.  My fascination grew and before long I needed a second shelf for my rapidly growing Tolkien collection.  By this point my family has become a bit tired and exhausted with the endless barrage of Tolkien trivia, news, stories, and random musings.  So in an attempt to alleviate my family (which will probably be futile) I'm going to try and keep part of my constant bubbling constrained to this blog where others will hopefully find some of it interesting.  My hope is to post at least once a week about something I find interesting in regard to Tolkien and Middle-earth.  These posts could come in the form of a short essay, a quick comment, or just a few sentences about something I found thought-provoking, insightful, or interesting.  I'll also post periodically when important Tolkien news comes up (film, book releases, events, etc.).

Throughout these posts I'll often use some abbreviations for space and time's sake so if you ever get a little confused please make use of the abbreviations page.  If you want to learn a little more about me and my journey to Middle-earth please see the "About Me" tab.  Don't forget to follow by e-mail and share the site on social media!

Comment spaces are open for anyone to use but they will be moderated by me before they appear on the blog.  Only comments with foul language will be removed.  Discussion is encouraged on all posts and pages so please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment